Tuesday, February 12, 2013

Gold Spotted Mug

Gold Spotted Mug 



Supplies you'll need 
glass paint pen by DecoArt (3.99 without coupon)
white mug (3.99)

Ever since I saw this idea on pinterest, I loved it! So I decided to give it a go. But anyone who REALLY knows me, knows that I hate directions and try to figure everything out on my own. I know I'm crazy, but it's my thing ;) 
So I started at Hobby Lobby ( I LOVE this place!) and found a glass paint marker by DecoArt that can be used on many surfaces. I have really been digging gold lately, so I was very thankful that I found it in stock. And I was able to use a coupon, so that brought the cost of the pen down. I found the mug at Target (they have a ton of white dishes in right now that would be perfect for this project).


First, I cleaned the mug with a damp cloth and let air dry for about a minute.
Following the directions, I made sure that I had enough paint on the tip of the pen. Holding the mug steady with my other hand, I started by placing the tip of the paint pen on the surface of the mug and slowly went around in circles until the spot was as big as I wanted it. Continue around your mug until you have enough spots. You can customize the size of the spots. I made all my spots different sizes, but it would also look great if they were all the same size.



When you have finished painting, let air dry for 4 hours then bake at 375 for 40 minutes. Let cool in non-preheated oven for permanency. Allow to cool with oven door open. I timed this so I could bake it after the boys were in bed, and I left the door open overnight. 
Have fun!




No comments:

Post a Comment